Sunday, October 3, 2010

Walls Should Not Be Blank:

This is for the kids that all have the same lunch box. Shake the dust.  For the folks who cannot enter a conversation without cutting into it. For the kids who want an i-pod nicer than the one they already have nicer than the one they got first. Shake the dust. This is for the man who lights a candle and his pain every morning after he sends his kids to school. For the lady who only wears blue. For the women with blue lips in 70 degree weather. For the ones who see them and want what they don't have. For the woman who began cutting her hair shorter everyday. For her when she can't anymore. For those who are owned. Own life. Game it. Then fill your house with the moments where you did like so many hunting trophies there should be no empty space on those walls. This is for the Asian men who still say "cute eyes". For the typist. For those who spend more on gum. For the fiesta-pack-solitary-eaters. Shake the dust. For the men women can't help but want to run away from. For the only manual writers writing their hearts behind blank wall after blank wall after blank wall. Walls should not be blank y'all. Walls should not be whole. Shake them. Burn them. Buy them brake them bless them. Make them yours but not you. Empty bread-bags no more. You are not empty you are not empty you are the blue that lady is wearing and the gunshot for those willows running and dull scissors to the woman and flame the widower kneels to. Game it. No more empty. Walls should not be blank.

3 comments:

  1. Dude.

    Um. Wow. that one was unreal too. I noticed that I forgot to capitalize that at the beginning of my last sentence. I guess I could correct it, but instead I will just point it out.

    I realllllly liked this one, man. Even though I didn't understand a few of them...because maybe you're a little bit smarter than me/I/me/myself/me/I?

    Anyway. I just wanted to let you know some of the things that I was thinking. Talk to you later. Goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one about spending more on gum. It's really kinda sad when you think about how much some people spend on gum.

    ReplyDelete